Wednesday, July 16, 2008

These really Are the Sweetest days

Summer days are filled with fun...when you actually have time to enjoy them! These past few weeks I've been so caught up in a tight schedule between the 2 kids home with me for summer vacation, weddings, more weddings and the terrible house cleaning that lurks in every corner and makes you feel guilty about doing anything else. When hubby came home after work he so sweetly offered to take the kids out to the park so I could work. I accepted the offer without a second thought and got straight to work. About an hour later I hear the door swing open slamming against the wall, "MAMA" shouts Zack. "Mama, mama, mama, where are you?" "I'm on the computer," I call back. He comes racing in like an elephant about to fall through the floor and hands me half of an old Easter eggshell filled with clover. "I got this for you," he says. I just hugged him for a long time and realized just how sweet these days really are...

1 comment:

Aimee Thomas Oswalt said...

That is so sweet, I love that story.