Monday, February 16, 2009

A sweet valentine's surprise...from Mom!

We all LOVE and remember the flowers, chocolates, maybe nice dinner date and sweet kisses we get for Valentine's Day. It's sort of the unspoken rule of tradition and one that all of us girls secretly like a lot, even if we tell you otherwise! This Valentine's Day I got a little extra surprise, from my Mom! For all of us 80's kids, we can appreciate the lost humor and purely innocent entertainment of our generation that has so quickly been replaced with annoying and bad behaving cartoons of today. Yes, I loved the old school fun...Pee Wee (yes he was annoying but super funny!) and Strawberry Shortcake and my all-time favorite...the Smurfs! So simple, so noble, so purely innocent Smurfs. Of course we can comment for hours about the subtle naughtiness that some people's twisted minds can conjure up, but for kids, it's just pure fun and adventure. So for this Valentine's Day, my best gift ever was a DVD of the Smurf episodes. And what a hit it has been for my whole family! Much to my surprise, over the highly animated Nemo, and the violent Star Wars, and even the loud and cheerful Elmo, the Smurfs came out on top as being the requested TV show for both my kids over these last 2 days! Apparently mothers only get wiser as they become grandmothers! Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

that's awesome!!!!! what a find! I loved the Snorks, Thundercats, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Strawberry Shortcake. But come on, who can forget Rainbow Bright. She rocked my world too :) I can still remember the theme song to Pee-Wee's playhouse. Besides his perverted behavior off screen, I LOVED that show and watched it religiously every Saturday morning.

E. Broderick Photography said...

How funny! We just watched a bunch of old episodes in my house too! My Mom found the DVD at their library and brought it home for us. Finn loves it! I am hoping to get some more b/c there are some specific episodes I remember and hope to find!