Monday, September 1, 2008

#41; sort of...

As mentioned in a previous post, at a recent PUG retreat in the Berkshires, we were assigned the task of creating a list of 101 things that we wanted to accomplish is 1001 days. So far I have 8 checked off and was really on a roll and crazily excited when a major number, namely #41, was about to be checked off my list! Get a new car!!!! My car is up there in mileage and we wanted to be sure that I had something dependable; especially since we photograph weddings! This is a huge deal for anyone and even more so because I had the car custom made just for me and waited an agonizing 8 whole weeks for it. My beautiful new Smurfetta (or so I named her)...She is the cutest little button of a car with a lucky birthdate and all (8/28/08). So, what's the sort of part? Well, while shooting a wedding last night in Hartford, my little smurf got her window smashed in! I came out to find her glass all over the place and my gps gone. I had her 3 days and already she was destroyed. My heart sank and as I gasped, I held my breath a little longer than usual and I just didn't know what to do. Sometimes things just happen I guess and we can be fortunate that no one was hurt and the minor detail that it wasn't raining! For now, let's fix her up and get her back on the road again! Motor On!
Before=Happy

After=Not so much.

3 comments:

Hulse said...

Matt and I are soo sorry about your car! Stupid Hartford! We hope you get your car back as soon as possible. Thanks so much for meeting with us to take our engagement pictures the day after all this happened. We can't wait to see what they look like. I bet you're photo shopping in some non squinting eyes right now :)....

Anonymous said...

Those JERKS! I have a mini too.. they are the best cars aren't they?

Tina Parsadanov said...

Thanks everyone! My little bugger is back and good as new! thanks for your support.

Steff! I didn't know that! Yes, they are TOTALLY the best ever! My husband totally wants one now too hahahaha! They are contageous!