Monday, September 8, 2008

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." ~ Benjamin Franklin

For 4 years now, I've had a dream to "some-day" run the Manchester Road Race. The Manchester Road Race is a 4.748 mile race that goes through Manchester CT on Thanksgiving day. It attracts runners from all around the world! You don't even have to run it, you can even walk it and the participation rate is sky high with more than 9800 participants! All proceeds from the race go to Muscular Dystrophy research. So, this year is the year! I've already started my running and I'm really hoping that I reach the finish line Still running! :) Anyone else up for the challenge? I hope to see you there!

3 comments:

E. Broderick Photography said...

Good for you! Is this one of your 101? I ca't run and go away for Thanksgiving every year, but otherwise I would be right there with you. (OK--maybe just on the sidelines cheering you on, but...)

Sheri Shvonski said...

Tina - first off I am really enjoying your website and blogging - I just discovered it, so I have some catching up to do!! I'm so glad you'll be running in the manchester road race - it is a blast! I have run it twice, in '03 and '04 and go now with my son to spectate. I hope to run again in '09. You have re-inspired me to do so!! I hope to see you there! Sheri shvonski

Tina Parsadanov said...

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to it and I hope to see you there Sheri! It's such a great way to spend the day. I'm 2 weeks into the training AND I'm ahead of schedule so so far so good! :)