Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Studio Blue...we missed you!


Back by overwhelming popular demand....drum roll please....Studio Blue Photography. For those of you wondering about the ever lasting name additions we have seen over the last 6 years I have the story here! I have also been asked many times how we got our start. So, here goes!

Six years ago, I had just turned 22 years old and had my son Zack. Igor and I married very young with me at the tender age of 20 years and 1 week old! We were high school sweethearts who met at our first job at the local McDonald's. And were inseparable ever since. We married while still in college and I was an art education major and he was in engineering and the air force. I had received my first camera (a blue 110mm) when I was 5 years old and have taken pictures ever since. Throughout high school I had studied photography and film and video non-stop and if you were ever wondering where I spent my study halls, it was in the dark room. It was a true love. It was well known throughout the school that my "dream job" would have been to be a photographer and I often told people, "just watch, some day I will own a studio". It seemed so rediculous to think that, but hey, we all have dreams. While in college, I worked full time as a manager for a department store and attended college full time also. It was busy but I loved every minute of it! Interacting with people was just so fun. Making friends with random old ladies or little kids or helping that dad find that perfect holiday gift was what made my job so rewarding. The People! That still remains true to date and is still what I love most about my job. So anyways...after having my sweet Zack, I had not realized that for me to return to work and pay for daycare would cost me more than what I was making working full time! That was quite a shock and we reached a brick wall. It was at that point that I stopped and said to myself, "You know what? I'm going to do this!" I had spent my high school and college life dreaming up a wonderful job and putting practice into it but never actually thinking it could happen. This was the push I needed. So, Igor and I built a website with the photography I had done over the years and we waited. A short time later, I got my first call and first booking! We were sooo excited to get (at that time) the $50 deposit because it meant we could finally go grocery shopping! There was a light at the end of the tunnel. Our first year, we ended up photographing 9 weddings. The second year, we photographed 20, the next 32, and the next 45! The business continued to grow and we were ever grateful to each and every couple that admired our work and our dedication. My business started out under my name: Tina Parsadanov Photography. Once I hit a point where I started hiring employees, I thought to myself that it might be a little rediculous to say, "I work for Tina Parsadanov Photography". That's when we adopted the name Studio Blue. The name Studio Blue came from a photograph I had taken while on our Annual R&R in Cape Cod. It was a photograph of my son pointing to the ocean (he was 18 months old). You can see the photo below. As you can see, the ocean is blue, and the sky is blue and the blue just seems to completely dominate the photograph. The blue represented the sky (air) and the ocean (water) both of which are needed sources of life. Life is what we photograph. Studio Blue = Studio of Life. So, after much "trying to reinvent ourselves", we are back! And We're back with a BANG! Studio Blue has started several new programs being implimented this week that we are so terribly excited about! I will mention one....a new Portraits for Life program. For every wedding couple we have photographed over the years and those upcoming into our future, you will receive a "Portraits for Life" membership allowing you free portrait sittings for, well, your life! It's our way of saying THANK YOU! You are the very reason that we have grown to be what we are today. We cannot say thank you enough! Please look forward to other new programs being offered that will show our appreciation for having such fantastic clients! We are truly blessed! Thank you and God bless you!

6 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

what an awesome inspiration Tina! I love hearing about how people get started in this business. Can't wait to sit down to be your cheerleader and talk up some goals girlfriend!

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

It was nice to stopped by and read such an inspiring story. ;o)

E. Broderick Photography said...

Beautiful! I loved the name even before I read what it meant but now I love it even more! Bravo!!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Wow that's so intense Tina. How inspirational! I am so proud of you and your awesome ideas. You totally deserve the best of the best and I am so lucky to have your friendship!

Love Ya,
Val :-)

Tina Parsadanov said...

Thank you all for your comments! It's so great to know we have such wonderful and supportive friends! I hope I can be as much of an encouragement to you as you all have been to me. Thank you! xo

Mary Marantz said...

ooh I LOVE this post!! you guys are AMAZING!!

xoxo
M:)