Monday, August 4, 2008

What's New? LOTS!

I can't keep up with all of the new stuff we've been up to! First, on Friday evening we went to a really inspiring seminar called "I Shoot People". That IS what we do, right?! And yes, I know I'm in the mafia according to the playing cards but really, it's not for that kind of shooting. The seminar was in NYC and was put on by Sallee Photography out of Dallas Texas. These folks had such great energy and reminded me sooo much of the Marantz's! A cute husband and wife team who were there to inspire. Igor and I stayed overnight at a crazy hotel that overbooked so we ended up in a room with two twin beds! (separated by a nightstand!) Rediculousness. But, other than that we had a great time. We even saw Val McCormick from Val McCormick photography there. So all of that equalled good times, good people and lots of learning. We are sooo reved up with ideas that it can only mean oodles of goodness for our wedding couples.

Next on the agenda...we have entered a new dimension and purchased our first mac! Wow, this is just crazy and we are totally in love. The kind of feeling like you see in the movies when somone opens a book and a chorus starts singing "ahhhh..." and then when you shut the book the singing suddenly stops and then you open it a crack to test it and it starts singing and you shut it and it stops! We experienced lots of "ahhh..." moments yesterday and today and are so happy to welcome it to our collection of work horses. We are most excited because this will mean we can work side by side and get double the work done in the same time while still spending "quality" time together. :)

The last thing I'll mention is...(and this will also be on the next newsletter) that for any bride or couple or past wedding couple that would like to take advantage of getting some extremely unique and interesting not like anyone else kind of wedding, bridal or engagement photos, we will be traveling in January of 2009 to 7 Caribbean Islands. We will be posting our schedule on the blog and newsletter. This is such a great opportunity to have one of a kind photographs/art. This would be great for 'trash the dress' sessions too where the two of you can travel out to the location, have a little vacation time and also get some photographs taken say, walking along or in the ocean or on a mountain. Things you totally wouldn't have done on your wedding day. And seriously, who would pass up the chance to wear their wedding dress again?! The options are limitless and like I said, it's such a great opportunity to get some amazing art and a memorable time. We will be accepting only the first 3 brides/couples that contact us so it is limited. Please email me for more details if you are interested.
Cheerio!

4 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

LOL!!! I can hear that chorus of angels singing RIGHT NOW!! Congrats on the new computer....you know what they say, once you go Mac you'll never go back!!!!!

xoxo
M:)

Val McCormick Photography said...

I NEED a Mac! I missed the texture part at the Sallee conference hopefully you could fill me in. I think I know what there way is but just want to be sure. I didn't I think of it, lol. It was awesome to see you guys there. I will post about it soon too :-)

Shellee Draper said...

Well Hello Hello! I just came to your site through Val Mcormick's site. I just got my first MAC like 2 weeks ago, and I am totally loving it! We should share tips! Love your photography by the way. . . thanks for letting me peek!

E. Broderick Photography said...

Congrats on the new Mac. I got mine a few months ago and it was just like you described! "Aaaaah!" I wish I could go to the islands with you and let you take my picture! Sounds like a fun time. Great idea!